Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thank You Mrs. G.

At Stayton Union High School we had two biology teachers. Dr. McKenzie taught six periods and Mrs Guttormsen, the girls PE teacher taught 7th period Biology. Long before the books became popular I was able to be part of "Biology of Dummies". That's what I remember. Me and the cheerleaders, so who is complaining. I passed and later, in my senior year, Mrs. G let me take her daughter Beth to the senior prom.

Through a little detective work on the internet and a helpful Beth, I was able to track Mrs. G down and yesterday I sent her a thank you card.

Not saying "thank you" before it is too late and a "missed opportunity" and I have had enough of those. I had some great teachers in my 12 years of education in Lyons and Stayton. Almost all are gone now. Mrs. G now represents all of them.

No comments: