Thursday, October 30, 2014

My mother, Lelia Houchen Grimes, 1964


I posted this picture yesterday on Facebook and the first one to call was my sister.  She was laughing about going on the social site and finding a picture of mom.   I have hundreds of pictures and decided that they need to be shared.  When I post one of FB there are a few classmates and other people who remember my parents.

The note on the back says the picture was taken at a motel in Lincoln City, Oregon and the photo is dated August 1964.  My parents rarely when to the coast in the summer.  Dad always said that mom like the winter storms.  1964 was the year I graduated from high school and when on active duty with the Navy.  It is also a year before Lincoln City was incorporated on March 3, 1965, uniting the cities of Delake, Oceanlake and Taft, and the unincorporated communities of Cutler City and Nelscott. 

My parents loved to stay at motels in Taft.  They were cheap during the off season.

The picture brought back memories.  

No comments: