Friday, April 09, 2010

Aimee or Ashlee?


I have been taking pictures since my parents (or maybe it was my sister Dot) gave me my first camera. A photography class in high school really got me going. I learned to develop my own film (black and white) and print my pictures. During my junior year at Stayton Union High School I had several classes in the Industrial Arts building and I could finish the whole process in one day. It was exciting and at one point I even considered becoming a professional photographer.
The above picture was in a box of photographs I found amount the stuff I had moved from storage unit to storage unit. I scanned the picture and posted it on Facebook. I know she is one of my twins. It's either Aimee or Ashlee, but I have no idea. The comments were wonderful. Their brother had no idea and finally their comments showed up. Aimee said it was Ashlee because she always hogged the cat, Tigger. Ashlee said the same thing about Aimee. It is still a mystery.
Our memories fad but I have thousands of prints (even some of the negative) and a large tote full of slides. They are all pre-digital. There are thousands of digital pictures on cd's and on my external hard drive, which has room for thousands more. Thanks to Facebook I have been able to display some of my favorite pictures. A scanner let's me turn the prints into digital images. Facebook lets me share them with family and friends.
I also use them on the greeting cards I send out.

1 comment:

Rain Trueax said...

After the death of one of my cousins, I received many negatives (black and white and mostly 2x4 or 2x3 something) from family events of probably the '20-'30s. There are no dates and most of the people are unidentifiable by me but I enjoyed scanning some of them anyway. They are family even if not sure exactly who. It was fun to see the way some hammed for the camera and how large their gatherings were. They were about a whole different era. I plan to scan the photos I also got and eventually put them all on a site probably with no ID