Friday, April 30, 2010

No Mother, No Problem

Yes, I know, we all have a mother. Mine passed away over 20 years ago and I often think of her. Yet, there are many others who are never remembered. They are may be old and alone. There is no one to make Mother's Day (or any other day) special for them.

They are everywhere. Check with your local long term care facility, such as a nursing home or assisted living community. As your neighbors. Adopt a mother (or two) and make their day. A bouquet on Mother's Day would make their day. A card each month would be great. Your mother doesn't have to be gone in order to do this. I'm sure should would not mind sharing you.

Adopting a mother on Mother's Day has been on my Bucket List for several years. This is the first time that I have really promoted the idea.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I miss my mom. She passed away in July 2010. I want to work in nursing home to give those people some love