Friday, February 11, 2005

A 10 Second Kiss Can Save Your Life - Part 2

Here is part 2 of the 10 Second KISS. These are the excuses people have come up with for not practicing the 10 second kiss.

Excuses:
Excuse #1: I’d like to give my wife a ten second kiss when I get home, but I’m afraid my breath will smell and she’ll be offended.
Solution: Invest in fifty two rolls of breath mints, one for each week of the year.

Excuse #2. I can’t kiss and keep time all at once.
Solution. Set the microwave or oven timer until you get a feel for how long 10 seconds is. If you go over ten seconds…oh, well!
Let’s try something. Everyone close your eyes and raise your right arm. Either one will do. When I say start, keep your arm up for what you think is ten seconds, then lower it. OK, let’s go.
Excellent. Now, turn to the person sitting next to you… just kidding.

Excuse #3. The kids (or grandkids) keep getting in the way.
Solution. Let them try. What better childhood membory could they have than trying to squeeze between Mommy and Daddy or Grandmother and Grandfather while they were kissing.

Excuse #4. The phone rings, or I’m already talking to someone on it and can’t clear my mind of our conversation when I hang up.
Solution. Let the phone ring. Whoever it is can call back or leave a message on your answering machine. If you’re on the phone, tell whoever you’re talking to that you spouse just walked in and you want to finish the conversation later. Your spouse will get the message that they matter more to you than whoever was on the other end of the phone line. The same goes for the computer.

Excuse #5. The Dog is all over me as soon as I open the door.
Solution. Life begins when the children leave home and the dog dies. No. Just don’t dare pet your dog before you kiss your spouse. Block out the barking, panting, sniffing and go for the kiss.

Excuse #6. When I come through the door at the end of the day, I get hit with a million problems at once. I cannot get my spouse to stop talking along enough to kiss me.
Solution. Don’t come in the same door every day. Come in another entrance and kiss your spouse. Sneak in the side door.

Excuse #7. My spouse seems so tense at the end of the day. I don’t want to be a bother.
Solution. The loving energy you’ll transfer to your spouse through your kiss will work wonders to relieve tense and make your spouse feel cherished.

Excuse #8. The mail always comes first.
Solution. Hide the mail and give it to your spouse after you kiss. After a few days the mail will be forgotten.
Excuse #9. A kiss always leads to sex.
Solution. Don’t let it. I kiss shows you love your spouse, rather than a means to an end. The alternative is just accept it.

Excuse #10. I only see my boyfriend once or twice a week and it’s usually in a public place. It’s too embarrassing to kiss each other like that in public.
Solution. I agree. Why not meet in the parking lot instead and give each other the kiss there.

These have been just 10 of what are probabley hundreds of excuses. You have one. So what. Just Kiss.

The 10 Second Kiss is only part of the K.I.S.S. Plan that author Ellen Kreidman, PhD, describes in her book The 10 Second Kiss.
After the 10 second kiss, comes:
· The 5 second compliment. Compliment at least one thing your mate has said or done – every day.
· 30 minute talk. Talk and listen to each other for thirty minutes every day (with the TV off)
· Hug for 30 seconds – every day.
· Stay connected sexually.
· Plan a fantasy for each other.
· Make love on the spur of the moment.
· Laugh together – every day.
· Make all your decisions based on love.

No comments: