Sunday, January 23, 2005

The Prayer of Jabez

Three years ago today I started praying the Prayer of Jabez. I have missed very few days in between. Has it worked? I didn’t think so until this past week. Then I realized what had happened.

Every day I had prayed for God to let me do more for Him. What happened? I stepped forward and volunteered to serve on the Evangelism Team. I then found myself leading the team. That’s not all. Next Sunday I will start leading a ten week class on rekindling the dreams, the vision and the passion in our lives.

I asked for the opportunity to do more and God heard me. I listened to Him.

It’s going to be an interesting time. Can I help my church grow? Will the team and the congregation respond to my leadership? Will I be a good servant for God? Will people attend my class?

No comments: